Frequently Asked Questions...
How do I know if my child needs speech therapy?
All children develop at different rates. However, here are some key factors to look for in your child’s communication:
- Difficulties producing sounds and syllables or saying words incorrectly
- Problems with the pitch, volume, or quality of the voice that distract listeners from what’s being said
- Decreased expressive language or decreased vocabulary as compared to peers
- Decreased play skills compared to his/her peers
- Difficulties understanding or processing language
- Difficulties interacting or socializing with siblings, peers, or adults
If you feel that your child displays some of the above factors, or if you feel that your child could benefit from speech therapy, then we urge you to contact us today for more information or a FREE screening.